Parents and Guardians who need child care resources can call Child Care Aware of Minnesota at 1-888-291-9811 or go to www.parentaware.org to search on-line for child care options.
Greater Twin Cities United Way’s 2-1-1 Resource Hotline: If you or someone you know needs assistance accessing food, paying housing bills or other essential services, dial 2-1-1 or text the letters MNCOVID to 898-211. A Certified Community Resource Specialist will help you find available resources in your area. Additionally, visit our 2-1-1 resource website for the latest information on COVID-19.
If you need a COVID-19 test, you can take it free with or without medical insurance. Click here for more information.
At Home Learning
Joyce Preschool is closely monitoring the rapidly evolving Coronavirus situation and will post updates as they are available.
March 30, 2020: Shelter In Place Update
Click here to read the full update from Joyce Preschool on the month of April. Consider making a donation to support the ongoing operations of our beloved school and click here to provide parent feedback to inform decisions for the month of May.
March 25, 2020: Shelter In Place, Details to come
Joyce Community, As many of you have seen, Governor Tim Walz’s announcement of a shelter in place order for Minnesotans will be effective from Friday, March 27 through April 10. The announcement also included details that schools will be closed, offering remote learning only, until May 4. The Joyce team is working to determine how this will affect our programming for the coming months, and we will be providing detailed information Thursday evening via social media, email, and our website. If you are not currently using the RemindApp to receive text updates, you will receive an invitation via text. Please accept the invitation to receive text updates. Stay healthy everyone, and we will be in touch soon!
March 15, 2020: School Closure Update
In accordance with Governor Tim Walz’s school closure order announced today, Joyce Preschool will be closing as of Monday, March 16 through our regularly scheduled spring break with plans to resume classes on April 6.
We know that this closure and the other changes happening in our community in response to the Coronavirus outbreak can pose hardships for families, and we will continue to provide resources via this page and Facebook page. Additionally, feel reach out to any of the individuals listed below should you require assistance during this time.
Joyce will be sharing messages from teachers, learning links, and other ways to engage your student at home via Facebook and the RemindApp. While all is not business as usual, we hope to continue connecting and learning over the next few weeks!
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding as we seek to keep our community safe!
March 12, 2020: Updated Guidelines for Joyce Preschool Families
- Regarding school closure, we will be following the same protocol as we do for weather closings. In the event that Minneapolis Public Schools close all district schools, Joyce Preschool will also be closed for the same length of time.
- In accordance with our illness policy, if we suspect illness in any students, their caregivers will be contacted and are asked to contact their doctor for further guidance.
- Students and parents, please keep your child at home if he/she is sick. Notify the school immediately and report the symptoms that the child is experiencing. Symptoms of COVID-19 include mild to severe respiratory illness along with fever, cough and shortness of breath.
- If your child or anyone in contact with your child have experienced a direct exposure, please inform the Program Director at Joyce. Your information will remain private. Leadership will make decisions regarding proper protocol depending on details of exposure.
- All volunteer activities are suspended. If you typically volunteer at the school for tutoring, office work or any other activity, you must suspend these activities until further notice.The following events and activities are canceled until further notice:
- Taller de Padres Workshops
- Joyce’s Biggest Week Ever activities for March 23-27 including Spirit Days, Literacy Week, and our Week of Giving (a new date will be determined at a later time.)
March 1o, 2020: Coronavirus Statement to families
We know this outbreak may affect some students, staff and families even if they are not personally sick. If your family needs resources for any concerns, please contact our Parent Coordinator, Karina, for additional support.
- Click here to read the full statement in English and Spanish.