Joyce Preschool Executive Director
Open until filled.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com detailing your interest in serving Joyce Preschool’s community, and how your experience has prepared you for the role. Please address cover letters to the attention of the Search Committee.
Joyce Preschool Executive Director
Full time (40 hours/week exempt, 52 weeks per year); some evenings and weekends required Reports to: Joyce Preschool Board of Directors
Location: Joyce Preschool, 3400 Park Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55407.
POSITION DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
To lead Joyce Preschool and support the work of the board, staff, and volunteers to fulfill the mission of the organization and implement the strategic plan.
Program Oversight in Partnership with Program Director:
- Support the program team in management, program development, and maintaining an environment of program excellence;
- Ensure strong program systems of family outreach, community outreach, and evaluation;
- Foster a learning environment and lead continuous improvement efforts through incorporating best practices and emerging research;
- Maintain engaging relationships with families and students;
- Work with board and staff members to identify trends, needs, challenges, and opportunities that impact programming; engage board and staff in discussion and decision-making;
- Work with board and staff to design and implement strategic plan around maintaining current high-quality programming while developing instruction leadership capacity; evaluate and facilitate new strategic partnership(s) to expand program impact and sustainability;
- Promote visibility with local and state stakeholders consistent with mission; engage in early childhood policy work and advocacy as necessary; and,
- Lead relationships with site hosts.
Fiscal and Operations Management in Partnership with the Director of Operations:
- Responsible for budgeting, financial management, human resources, operations, communications, and development;
- Knowledge of accounting terminology and practices;
- Skill in budgeting, cash flow management;
- Developing an annual budget that reflects program goals and objectives;
- Reviewing financial reports;
- Understanding of the salary scale that reflects education, experience, and level of performance; and,
- Evaluating the cost effectiveness and appropriateness of different fiscal options.
Development and Communication Oversight in Partnership with Director of Development and Communication:
- Manage and implement fundraising strategies to support programmatic and organizational goals, with an emphasis on increasing and diversifying development work;
- Maintain and nurture existing relationships with funders, individual donors, and partners; build relationships with new supporters and partners; and,
- Work with board and staff to implement strategic work in the areas of leadership development and communications.
Board Partnership and Support:
- Effectively support a multicultural Board of Directors;
- Work closely with board leadership to support operations and advising of the board by advising and informing members;
- Facilitate and coordinate board’s work in defining and implementing the strategic plan;
- Increase the board’s fundraising capacity;
- Interface between board and staff, and actively engage them for mission fulfillment;
- Participate in the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee and support the goals of the Committee; and,
- Help recruit and retain diverse and talented board members.
Staff Coordination and Support:
- Supervise program and development leaders and administrative staff;
- Coordinate and support multicultural and bilingual staff to perform daily operations;
- Promote professional development, work plans, and new opportunities for all staff;
- Ensure strong cross-cultural communications and cohesion among staff;
- Skills in consensus building, team development, and staff appraisal;
- Interview and hire teaching and administrative staff;
- Mentor, supervise, and evaluate staff, setting goals for professional development; and,
- Provide links between daily work and strategic work of the organization;
- Experience in multicultural settings, especially extensive experience in Latinx culture
- Bilingual Spanish/English skills, including demonstrated written and oral communication skills in both languages
- Demonstrated effectiveness in development work, including donor cultivation, foundation relationships, and grants management
- Experience reviewing financial statements and preparing financial budgets
- Strategic thinker with the ability to advise board on strategic decisions
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with broad spectrum of people and organizations
- Comfortable in a preschool setting and able to engage young children and their families
- Effective public speaker
- Demonstrated management and supervisory skills and experience, including prior experience supervising accounting personnel
- Ability to manage board, parent and community volunteers
- Bachelor’s Degree or six years of relevant experience
- A combination of nonprofit, early education, and community building experience/knowledge
- Experience implementing and monitoring a strategic plan
- Knowledge of Minneapolis neighborhoods and local politics
- Business acumen for the design of earned income projects
- Master’s Degree in education or related field
Salary Range: $65K-80K
Joyce Preschool does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, sex, national origin, age or disability.